Here in Louisiana, we witness car accidents every single day. Unfortunately, many of these accidents result in innocent motorists sustaining serious and sometimes permanent injuries. That said, if you were hurt in a car accident or any other type of auto accident, you can rely on a competent Monroe, Louisiana car accident lawyer from Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson to fight for you.
Car Accident Lawyer Serving Clients in Monroe, Louisiana
Though car accidents are common, it doesn’t change the fact that their outcomes can have lasting implications on those involved. If you’re a victim of car accident negligence, you’d be best served by reaching out to a competent Ouachita Parish, Louisiana personal injury lawyer who can help you fight for the full and fair compensation to which you are entitled. Our attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience, and we’re prepared to put that experience to work for you.
Car Accident Causes in Louisiana
Car accidents occur for several reasons, though they’re typically due to driver negligence. We see various types of behavior that qualify as negligent, including the following:
- Texting while driving
- Applying makeup while driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Looking at a GPS while driving
- Ignoring traffic lights or signs
- Failure to yield to oncoming traffic
- Unsafe merges or lane changes
As long as our legal team can prove that you were hurt as a direct result of another motorist’s negligence, you should recover financial compensation to help cover the cost of the economic and non-economic damages you’ve incurred as a result of your injury.
Taking Action After a Car Accident
After a car accident, you should do what you can to document exactly how it occurred. If possible, you should take the following steps:
- Call the police.
- While you wait for emergency services to arrive, get the other driver’s insurance information.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident.
- Ask witnesses for their contact information.
- When an ambulance arrives, tell paramedics exactly what happened and where you’re hurt.
- Once you’re treated in a hospital, ask for a copy of all documentation and medical bills associated with your injury.
- Hire a competent personal injury lawyer who can file a personal injury claim on your behalf.
Additional Auto Accident Cases We Handle
Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson handles a wide range of auto accident cases on behalf of our clients. Just some of the accident cases we take are as follows:
- Truck Accidents: Accidents involving 18-wheelers and other commercial trucks frequently spawn very severe injuries. Our firm is dedicated to helping those hurt in truck accidents in Louisiana.
- Railroad Accidents: Whether you were hurt as a railroad worker or as a passenger on a train, you can turn to our legal team for assistance.
- Bicycle Accidents: For many in Louisiana, cycling is their primary mode of transportation. Though cycling is economical and great exercise, when cyclists are involved in accidents with motor vehicles, they’re often severely injured as a result.
- Pedestrian Accidents: There is no sight more horrifying than seeing a motor vehicle crash into one or more pedestrians. However, as you may know, these accidents aren’t exactly rare here in Louisiana. If you were hurt as a pedestrian, our Louisiana auto accident lawyer is here to help.
- Drunk Driving Accidents: Drunk drivers pose a very significant threat to all those on the road. Despite driving while under the influence of alcohol is widely known as dangerous and, not to mention, illegal, many people still do it. If you were hurt by a drunk driver, we are here to help you get the justice you deserve.
- Hit and Run Accidents: Hit and run accidents don’t happen as much as they used to, thanks to cameras and other deterrents, however, they do still occur. If you were injured, either as a pedestrian or otherwise, by someone who hit you and drove away, you need an attorney who can help track them down and fight for the full and fair compensation to which you are entitled.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycles are a fantastic way to get from place to place, though motorcyclists are, unfortunately, more susceptible to serious injuries when involved in accidents than other motorists. If you’ve been injured as a motorcyclist due to someone else’s negligence, turn to an auto accident lawyer from Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson for help.
Contact a Louisiana Car Accident Lawyer Today
As you may know, the clock on your personal injury claim starts ticking on the day you were injured. In most cases, those hurt in auto accidents here in Louisiana only have one year from the date of their accident to file a personal injury claim, so it’s always best to act sooner, rather than later. If you’ve been hurt, the most important thing you can do is retain the services of a dedicated personal injury lawyer who can fight for the full compensation to which you are entitled. Contact Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson today to schedule your free initial consultation with our experienced and skilled legal team.