If you are currently facing a legal matter regarding your family, you should strongly consider retaining the services of a knowledgeable Monroe, Louisiana family law attorney from Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson. Our legal team understands that family law matters are generally the most personal and important legal issue an individual will face throughout his or her lifetime, which is why we will take the utmost care when you come to us with your case. From the moment you walk through our doors, you will understand that you’ve found a legal team who truly cares about the outcome of your family law matter and your best interests. Contact Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson today to learn more about how we can assist you through every step of the process ahead.
Family Law Attorney Located in Monroe, Louisiana | Here for You
Our Monroe, Louisiana divorce and family law attorneys handle select cases throughout northeast Louisiana. We strive to achieve an amicable and reasonable settlement of each divorce, custody, child support, spousal support, and community property case, whenever there is an opportunity for early resolution. However, when a reasonable compromise is not attainable, we have the experience, knowledge, and skill required to serve as effective trial attorneys for you.
While family law cases often involve elevated emotions or distress, we seek to assist our family law clients in making good decisions for themselves and their families. We help our clients define goals for their family law cases that not only make good economic sense, but also help the family heal and recover from difficult circumstances.
Our Family Law Services
As you know, family law matters are frequently complicated, and on several levels, including emotionally, financially, and, oftentimes, legally. For this reason, you can’t afford to proceed with just any attorney in your corner. Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson has over 100 years of combined experience handling a wide array of family law issues on behalf of our clients, including the following:
- Divorce: Depending on the circumstances surrounding your divorce, there is a good chance that your divorce will be a complex legal matter with far-reaching implications. For this very reason, it is so important that you retain the services of an experienced Monroe, Louisiana family law attorney who can effectively guide you through every step of the process ahead. Our legal team has helped countless clients through the divorce process, and we are prepared to help you as well.
- Alimony: Alimony is one of the most common divorce-related issues. Oftentimes, the financially dependent spouse will require alimony payments to retain the standard of living established during their marriage. However, in many cases, the financially independent spouse will believe that they are being asked to pay too much in alimony. This frequently leads to a contested divorce, and no matter what side you are on, you will need a seasoned attorney on your side.
- Property Division: When a couple doesn’t have a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement in place and they get divorced, their marital assets will generally be considered community property. If you cannot agree on who gets which assets, the court will have to determine this for you. Our firm is here to protect your hard-earned assets and your best interests.
- Child Custody: Child custody is perhaps the most emotionally charged issue in divorce, especially if both parents and the child cannot reach a fair child custody agreement on their own. We are ready to help you and your former spouse reach a custody agreement that suits the best interests of your child.
- Child Support: If you have custody of your child and you were the financially dependent parent during your marriage, you will most likely require child support payments to help ensure your child’s financial needs are taken care of. Our firm can work to attain the child support your child needs to retain his or her standard of living.
- Prenuptial Agreements: Prenuptial agreements are one of the best tools for protecting your assets from the pitfalls of a divorce. If you would like to draft a prenuptial agreement with your future spouse, a family law attorney from our legal team can help you through the process, ensuring the agreement works in you and your future spouse’s best interests.
- Adoption: There are few things more rewarding than adopting a child. Though adoption is a wonderful thing to do, for many, the process is a complicated one, which is why if you’re considering adopting a child, you should speak with a knowledgeable and trustworthy attorney who can help ensure the process moves along as smoothly as possible.
- Uncontested Divorce: As you may know, divorce is frequently a contested matter, however, there are times when spouses can agree on all divorce-related terms. That being said, spouses should never make the mistake of attempting to resolve their divorce on their own. Divorce is a document-heavy process, and having a competent Monroe, Louisiana family law attorney on your side can help ensure that all paperwork is properly completed and filed.
Contact a Dedicated Family Law Attorney Today
The bottom line is that whether you have custody and visitation issues, support issues, or you need a divorce, the law firm of Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson is able to assist you in fighting for your family’s rights while working to mitigate the impact the legal proceedings will have on your children. Contact us today to learn more about how we can effectively guide you through every step of your legal issue.