When someone is allegedly caught committing a crime, they are typically arrested and from there, will have to go through the complex, often overwhelming criminal justice process. Our Monroe, Louisiana criminal defense lawyer is right here and ready to help you through every step of that process. You will have no stauncher advocate than you will in Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson. Contact us today to tell us your story and to schedule your initial consultation with our firm.
Criminal Defense Lawyer | Protecting Your Rights
Anyone charged with a crime in Louisiana has a lot at stake. Our firm understands this. With Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson at your side, you will never be alone, through every step of the process. We are here to fight for you. We have effectively defended countless clients over the years, and we are ready to do the same for you.
Our Criminal Defense Services
Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson proudly handles a wide range of criminal cases on behalf of our clients. Just some of the criminal charges we have experience fighting are as follows:
- Drug Crimes
- Gun Crimes
- Probation Violations
- Shoplifting & Other Theft Crimes
- Violent Crimes
What a Criminal Record Can Mean for You
When charged with a crime, the most immediate fears are the threat of incarceration and high fines. However, you should also understand that upon conviction, you will also develop a criminal record, which means that your crime will essentially follow you for years to come. Some of the long-term consequences that obtaining a criminal record may have are as follows:
- You will find it very challenging to get a job, as most places of employment require background checks
- If you were convicted of a DUI, you will most likely lose your driver’s license for months or years
- If you were convicted of a sex crime, you will have to become a Registered Sex Offender
- You may not be able to rent certain places to live
- You may not be able to secure certain loans
- If you are an illegal immigrant, it may warrant your deportation
- If you have children and are divorced or will be soon, it may affect your child custody agreement
These are just some of the additional ramifications that a criminal conviction can have, which is why if you’ve been charged with a crime of any sort here in Louisiana, it is in your best interests to retain the services of an experienced Monroe criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible.
Contact a Monroe Criminal Defense Lawyer
Our legal team is dedicated to aggressively combatting our clients’ charges to help ensure that they do not have to face the overwhelming and often overly harsh criminal justice system on their own. The bottom line is that if you’ve been charged with a crime, the time to act is now. Speak with an attorney you trust. Contact Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson.