In the United States, we are lucky enough to have access to a wide array of drugs. But while we trust that these drugs will help us, unfortunately, there are instances in which they do the opposite. If you have received a defective drug injury and require compensation, read on to see how a skilled Monroe, Louisiana defective product lawyer at Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson can assist you in the claims process ahead.
Who is the at-fault party for my defective drug injury?
Most commonly, drug designers and manufacturers are at fault for a defective drug. For your claim, you can likely take any of the following defenses:
- Unsafe design: drug designers are legally obligated to ensure their drugs are safe for public use.
- For your case: you must prove that there was a safer and economically feasible way to make the drug that would not hinder its usability.
- Negligently manufactured: drug manufacturers are responsible for ensuring that they follow the blueprints provided by drug designers.
- For your case: you must prove that they diverged from these guidelines and thus the drug became unsafe.
- Failure to warn: drug manufacturers must include written warnings about potential hazards and instructions on how to use the drug.
- For your case: you must prove that there was no clear marketing that would have prevented your accident.
If you are still unsure as to who should be held responsible for your defective drug injury, contact a competent Ouachita Parish, Louisiana personal injury lawyer today.
What steps should I take for my defective drug injury claim?
It may be tempting to throw away the defective drug after the pain it caused you. However, this would be a mistake, as this is a vital piece of physical evidence for your defective drug injury claim. Instead, it is best that you save the drug in a place where it will not pose harm. Additionally, you should take photos of the drug, the packaging, and the injuries it caused.
Contact Our Monroe, Louisiana Attorneys Today
No matter the legal issue, you can guarantee that Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson will provide you with the strong legal representation you deserve. Contact our Monroe, Louisiana attorneys to schedule your initial consultation today.