It is an unfortunate reality that car accidents occur every single day in the state of Louisiana. If you were injured in a car accident due to no fault of your own, follow along to see how a proficient Monroe, Louisiana car accident lawyer at Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson can work on your personal injury claim.
What steps should I take after receiving a car accident injury?
To satisfy the burden of proof to set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim, it is in your best interest to follow the below steps immediately after your car accident:
- Call the police: They will be able to document the accident by conducting a police report, which you should retain a copy of afterward. They will also bring medical attention to the scene.
- Document the details: Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident, including your injuries, damages, and any hazards that played a part in the accident. If safe, it is helpful to do so before removing the vehicles and debris from the road.
- Exchange information: Collect the personal information of the other party, including their name, phone number, driver’s license number, insurance company name, insurance policy number, etc. Additionally, collect any witnesses’ contact information, as they may provide testimony later on.
- Seek medical treatment: When medical assistance arrives on the scene, allow them to attend to you as soon as possible. Also, go to follow-up treatment, as some injuries like a concussion, whiplash, or internal bleeding are not immediately apparent. Collect medical documentation and bills afterward.
- Contact your insurance company: You will need to provide details about the accident and whatever documentation you may have to file a claim.
- Talk to an attorney: We recommend that you speak to a talented Ouachita Parish, Louisiana personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. We will evaluate your case and your eligibility for financial compensation.
Contact Our Monroe, Louisiana Attorneys Today
No matter the legal issue, you can guarantee that Breithaupt, DuBos & Wolleson will provide you with the strong legal representation you deserve. Contact our Monroe, Louisiana attorneys to schedule your initial consultation today.